Okay all there are a lot of pictures in this post so be prepared....Melissa and I finally got a chance to stray from home and school to do a bit of sightseeing we had bigger plans but we spent so much time in the Tate museum and the National Portrait gallery that we will have to save Buckingham Palace, the changing of the guards, etc... for later. It's not like we're short on time...anyway this is some fun stuff we have encountered today on our adventure 
um okay this was from a bakery that had yummy glazed doughnuts that Melissa considers real glazed doughnuts (the one she got from another place wasn't glazed to her American standards but when Melissa and I saw this we immediately thought of Gregg and Hazel...get it Greggs...baking a bun...) so since I know they may not read this someone please tell them to read this post (dad i think that means you)

Um this is Melissa pointing at some king or something in Traflagar Square...which we spent 15 minutes trying to pronounce

Melissa looking up...I though it was rather amusing

Okay this was kind of funny because I was like man the birds really like that statue i wonder who it is and it turned out to be George Washington...the first thing Melissa says is this would be a whole lot funnier if we were in France

The national portrait gallery I was particularly impressed with the Andy Warhol (who is in the posters on the side)

um I'm in the left hand corner if you can't find me

This thing in the middle of Traflagar square was enourmous



This is Melissa being frightened by birds

and again her fear of birds it is very hard to take pictures of someone who has a fear of birds in a pigeon infested area.

Big Ben...I hope...we had a discussion about how there are actually a lot of really large clocks in the area...

Oh these guys were pretty funny they must have been for a bachelor party or something but we saw them walking around and couldn't resist taking a picture of guys in robes.

um We would like someone to tell us what number that is at the end of whatever is written on this thing. This is actually the entrance to Buckingham palace which we went by on our way to the museum I guess we'll go in some other day.

Melissa told me to take a picture of this little green car because she said it was the smallest car in the world. actually she just stood their yelling smallest car in the world take a picture until i did.

um okay this was on top of the enormous statue in the middle of traflagar square someone please tell us who this is because we have no idea...he has no hand though.

Melissa on the Thames river...I think thats how you spell it.

There was this cool skate park thing where all these kids were jumping bikes and skateboards and people were watching.

This kid was spray painting while we were walking by. I just thought it was kind of cool. it was right underneath some restaurant but no one had a problem with it.

more of the skate park place.

heres the river again and the bridge we crossed over it on.

This guy was making this in the sand off the river and people were throwing money down on that purple tarp. When we walked by again later he had added more.

Melissa playing with a fish.

Me next to the river.

Melissa thinking next to the river.

Big Ben again...

The London eye...which we still haven't done yet.

oh this also has to be shown to Gregg...I thought of him when I saw it.

There were all these things you could play with at the Tate. This was what was under that sign in the picture before...this was what I made.

and this was what Melissa made.

and this is Melissa playing.
Well thats it for our day there were a bunch of cool stuff that I couldn't take a picture of like in the Tate they had a bunch of Pablo Picasso's work and Monet. I wish I could have taken pictures of all the Andy Warhol stuff too. Anyway hopefully you guys enjoyed the pictures and someone will tell Hazel and Gregg to look at them. See ya all probably next weekend....Cheers
3 comments:
I THINK it's actually Trafalgar Square. Did you not buy that "lonely planet" guide I told you to get??
Hey hun! I'm so jealous that you're over there! But I'm so happy for you and Melissa and that you're posting! I would have commented earlier, but I was having browser issues and I could see your posts, I just couldn't comment. It looks like you both are having so much fun! How's school work for you? Do you have classes every day or what? There's so much going on here... Nick's gay, I finally heard from Billy in Iraq and he's ok,... and a bunch more boring stuff! Hahaha let me know how things are going for you!
haha, that actually looks liek a lot of fun :)
and I miss london when I look at all the cool pictures!
----> most of all though, I miss you guys :(
did you climb the lion on trafalgar square? we did that with hannes in london and it was so amusing because we made idiots of ourselves... i envy you guys for having seen the warhole exhibition things.. the banner looks cool :D
by the time i come over to visit you you'll be specialists about london i guess! thanks for posting a lot of pics, too! It's always nice to at least see how you are doing :D
Lyco misses you!
Post a Comment