Me with a golden Rat....Happy Year of the rat all...
this is the giant statue in the middle of Trafalgar (man did I spell that wrong again???) square that no one knows who the person is...anyway I thought it looked nice.
Melissa and Anne our other Lyco buddy who joined us for the festivities.
KUNG FU PANDA!!!!!
creepy rat walking around....I actually blocked traffic to take this picture only to find out later we got a picture of it during the parade....oh well
Melissa with a Golden Rat...
Small Children with large weapons...SWEET!!!
um if anyone knows the significance of the people carrying large weapons in the parade 10 points hahaha..my blog is like a game show!!!
flexible people.
I am not sure what Wushu is so another 10 points to someone who finds out....
I liked their orange suits.....to be honest with you I don't think I actually saw this during the parade..because I was too short to see over someone who stepped in my way...good thing I have tall friends I guess.
This girl laughed the whole time she was banging those cymbals together her and that other girl were sharing some crazy jokes.....she reminds me of my friend Kara actually...
Creepy guys in masks and....HOLY SMOKES!!!! FLYING FISH!!!!
isn't that little boy cue...the best darn lamp thing carrier I've ever seen....
more creepy masked people....they were handing little red card like things to little kids...me not being one of the small folk I did not receive one and so could not inspect them to find out what they were exactly...
Really those mask are just a bit scary...
more weaponry and scary masks
At one point that dragon turned around and pretended to lick the guy with the pitchfork...it was amusing...
the Dragons were so pretty and they did these very cool dances...
I don't know how they can be so coordinated...
They're so pretty I wish I had one of those costumes it would be an excellent Halloween costume with a friend....Allison????...I call being the head...
DRAGON!!!
ooh awesome drumming people.
this Dragon was mean looking I don't know if you can really see the face but trust me it was definitely a mean dragon...
this dragon stuck his face in this camera that was filming the whole parade for like TV I think...it was funny...
Melissa holding the camera above her head to try to take pictures.
People walking around with scrolls
200 points to the first person to translate it....
Very pretty outfits..
More Dragon dancing..
This Dragon seemed especially large to me...
I am pretty sure they had someone dressed up like every animal in the calender....
this was my favorite though...hey i think it's my animal too....hmmm
Go Tiger lol I am not sure why they are holding their hands up like that...another 10 points anyone...
Very large red banner
I really don't think that directly translates underneath because the first two symbols mean China....I am not sure about the other two though....
Ribbons!!!
I liked these little girls one in the front was telling them when to wave their little fire flags it was cute...and it looked cool...
see
More cute small children
anyone want to translate this one...that guy ont hte end makes me laugh...
more pretty people in pretty clothing. We actually were contemplating whether they just went around asking every person who had that style of clothing to march because there was a lot of people in this parade...
Melissa holding the camera above her head...when she did it this time though there was this kid on his dads shoulders who was laughing his head off because Melissa was holding up the camera right next to his face...it was cute...
more of Melissa's handiwork (actually all of the parade pictures are her handiwork) You can't really see but it's people doing flips and stuff...
more ribbons and more banners
I really liked their coats
these outfits were so pretty and these girls were too they incorporated the posing into the dance it was cute...
which is why we took so many pictures of them
see posing again
more holding the camera above her head pictures...look at that crowd though...
more pretty outfts
more banners
the guy who was driving the music around lol....
my how straight she stands lol
I like her outfit too
giant feathers on their head...AWESOME!!!
more traditional clothing
I feel like these people have some significance but I am not sure what..
this girl is adorable....
MORE FLYING FISH WHEE!!!
haha this guy held up the parade to tie this kids shoe it was great....
more scary masks...
and more dragons...
and more drums...
and more traditional clothing...
you get the general idea right...
and more banners lol...
see theres that rat guy....I didn't even notice him until I looked at these pictures later. actually now that I look at it I think it was different rat because the other one was wearing yellow I believe...hmm
I like that bird...I wonder how they make those...paper mache I imagine...
long dragon
see really long
awe these giant blow up pikachu like things
and this guy who was like "WELCOME TO LONDON" it was cute
aren't they cute!!!!!
AWE!!! I love the blue one!!!!
more flags
99 red balloons floating in the summer sky.....man I love that song um if you can't tell people accidentally lost their balloons...
These dragons were just wondering separate from the parade but they stopped at this restaurant that appeared to have cabbage or lettuce hanging down in the door way....it danced around it and then ripped it down....I don't know the significance but I'm willing to give 30 points to anyone who does......lol
hahah Dragon butt...sorry everyone that was an inside joke....anyway here is the dragon dancing
and now the other dragon dances at the restaurant next door...
these lined China town it was very pretty...Well thats it...Happy Chinese new year everyone...I hope you liked it and I hope you get cracking on racking up those points....I suppose I could look it all up myself but I am trying to get people to comment on my blog so I'd rather do it this way lol....well HAPPY YEAR OF THE RAT!!!!!......and happiness to all babies being born in the year of the rat...I know of two so far...lol

1 comment:
did they teach you nothing in Chinese class?? The red envelopes are Hong Bao's. You have to "feed" the dragon so it will scare off evil spirits and bring you good luck (if you're nice you feed it some food, if you're really nice you give him a hong bao with some money).
Post a Comment