Giant Clowns...scary!!
I thought he was going to fall....
haha plane clowns...
fairy's or butterfly's whichever...maybe their moths...I don't know
I like the guy with the gold cart...a lot of this parade stuff was random and I have no idea what it had to do with Saint Patrick's Day...though to be honest I don't really know a lot about Saint Patrick's Day...Sorry Allison :(
okay I was really trying to take a picture of the guy across the street and the parader in the blue...lol that guy was interacting with all the people in the parade...it was funny
a cool boat bicycle
more tall clowns...
I also don't know what Emo Goths have to do with being Irish???
they had so many fun bicycle like contraptions...
see there goes that guy again.
another bicycle thing....it looks like a giant chicken lol...
here's a better picture of it...
DRUMMERS!!!!! very nice....
It was very reminiscent for me since I played all of these drums in high school...including the cymbals...yeah for Drummers!!!
these were the heaviest ones to carry...poor guys I feel there pain...Marching in the freezing rain carrying that thing on their back....
they had lots of floats all decorated pretty it was nice!!!
more craziness!!!
the color guard!!!! hmm I really thought that was one word but the computer is telling me it's two??
It probably would have been more appropriate if their flags were green...
yeah go band!!!!
here are the drummers again...I told you my pictures got all mixed up...
wait maybe this is another drum line...there were a lot of them...no I think this is the same one....
It was funny this guy looked like he just walked on to the parade randomly...and he was trying to mimic those two girls dancing but was always like a step behind...it was funny!!!
haha these kids are great!!!
haha giant Irish hammer fighting!!!
GO GO GO!!!! lol
wait a second I thought this was a parade for Ireland....oh Britain don't you have enough controversy on your hands...
BAGPIPERS!!!!
and kilt wearing drummers!!!
that one guy on the end is my favorite he looks so hard core with is rugged beard!!!
I wish I had an Irish flag to keep me warm!!!!
theres that guy again lol...
yeah Irish buses lol...
they had a lot of these floats with musicians and stuff you couldn't really see though because they had bars across them.
They had all these banners...anyone know what the bottom says??
here come the bagpipers!!!
awe little bagpipers!!!
stilt walkers...I was impressed...
I was surprised they didn't slip it was sooo wet on the ground...
she looks so intense...and tall lol...
more signs I like that guy....I guess he's supposed to be Saint Patrick?
haha theres the guy who kept interacting with the parade people and his friends. when some of the people with banners for different organizations passed by they knew a lot of their like motto songs...I guess they were pretty Irish...or Drunk...lol
flag guy!!!
sideways drums...nice!!
I don't know what being a tiger has to do with being Irish but okay...
Raise your drink in true Irish fashion lol
this guy was great he was incoherently yelling at the crowd lol...
this was awesome..though I wonder why they didn't make a leprechaun or something like that...why a giant bird??
fun costumes....even though they were getting blown away by the wind lol...
fire people hehe like in the labyrinth!!!
there goes the giant mechanical bird...it was so cool and it moved and stuff!!!!
this guy had to be held by the guy walking in the back because the wind kept blowing him...see he lost his hat...
I love the little girl in pink...she looks bored lol
oh heres a better shot of the mechanical bird and the leprechaun on top!!!
it was sooooo tall!!!
and see it opened it's mouth!!!
awe cute little drummer boy!!!
more people just walking in the parade!!!
tehehe he's soooo cute!!!
I love this old guy...
oh heres that float again..
he has green drum mallets!!!
a group of four older people dancing it was so cute!!!
closer view...
more bands
wheres Melissa? and her Irish flag
to the Emerald city!!!
nice kilts...I like these ones the best!!!
Melissa liked the black man in the front...she aspires to be a black bagpipe player....for some reason she things there must not be many, but I bet there is...
yay bag pipes!!!
Irish Dance...woot....Allison and I can do that...a little...sort of....
these guys were also being blown over by the wind
but they were really pretty!!!
I have no idea how they walked in those huge costumes...
more drummers!!! and a chick drummer...go chick drummers!!!!
another old guy in a a green fuzzy hat lol...
AHHHH!!!! a leprechaun MASSACRE....they didn't even see that big rig coming....look at the one just hanging off the side mirror...it's a leprechaun blood bath!!!
those Irish dancing girls.....woot!!!!
and again
another stilt walker but this time dressed up as Saint Patrick I presume...
hey it's that guy from the Chinese parade that says WELCOME TO LONDON!!!


oohh the 12 tenors!!!!! they sang Danny boy...I LOVE that song!!!
hahaha this guy is dressed in a star trek uniform!!!! I have no idea why but I had to take a picture of him even if it is a bad one....
Melissa displaying her Irish Pride!!! some lady actually stopped and was like now tell me really how Irish are you? and walked away laughing it was pretty funny...
Irish doggies!!!! wow we took a random break from the parade there lol...
okay so the guy in the brown coat with the green sash going across him is Ken Livingston the mayor of London as a matter of fact I did not not realize that until Melissa told me later as we went through the pictures...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
A green fountain....well you can't really tell but it has a slight green tinge to it...
mmm Irish food...I got Irish donuts and they were delicious!!!!
see heres a better picture of the smaller fountain...see green!!!
um Melissa again before we were allowed into T-square (which is what we call it now lol) see those balloons in the back they released them into the air...we didn't stay for that though because it was so cold...
crazy Irish ladies....lol
it looks like that girl on the end is stealing that other girls drink...sneaky lol...
they were nuts...
a random statue that we noticed when trying to find a place to catch the bus...
the sign that tells us here the parade is...
haha little kid driving a car in the parade...it wasn't until later that I noticed this was an American style car!!!! actually pretty much everyone but England drives the way we do I think....at least thats what this girl from France told us...I don't know we'll tell you when we get back from traveling....
awe a little boy doing Irish step dance
and a girl
two cute little girls in their Irish pride garb lol
more bands
um...translator please...
haha there is a Irish hammer coming out of the one window...
these little girls had the curliest hair I've ever seen I have no idea how they did it...
they were really cute though...
this random lady has this sign that says read the bible the bible is always right....I guess St. Patrick's day is a religious holiday, but she looked less than festive
more marching bands coming
sideways drums again...
blow that horn...
This lady was sooo cute...I loved her outfit!!!
I have no idea!!!
more Irish randomness
yeah flute players...man they must have been FREEZING in those t-shirts...
London protestants...
and protesters in the parade...man didn't they already get their own day why are they leaking into the Irish parade...
creepy clown...
that was a huge banner
haha what game is this I've never seen a stick like that before...
I don't know how they were walking and dancing at the same time...that's talent...Anyway...there you have it...the Irish parade....it's was fun even though it was seriously freezing and the crowd was really fun...we saw in the paper I think they said there was around 10,000 people in the square that day...it was cool...anyway....enjoy and Happy Easter because that's what is this weekend!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment