Monday, March 24, 2008

Melissa and I took a trip into the HOOD!!!

Hi again, I have been posting a lot recently....I guess because it is Easter break here and I have a little bit of time to do some things and put up any pictures I forgot about...anyway Melissa and I went to go see the play into the hoods today....it was great. It was the most unusual musical I have ever see. It started out with this poet doing some poetry (sort of related to the theme of the play) which took about 20 minutes and then we had a 15 minute intermission. After that they started the play. It is based on the play into the woods but all the characters are changed...like instead of Rapunzel it's Rap-on-zel and jack from Jack in the bean stock is Jaxx and little red riding hood is lil Red. It follows slightly along with into the woods but not really actually.....It's hard to explain I guess....if your ever in London you should see it.....The weird thing is there is no actually singing or orchestra. It's all based on hip hop/rap songs and they dance ...very well I might add....It is put on by this organization called zoonation which is trying to basically set up a way for people who are interested in hip hop dance to actually have a future career to work for. They are amazing dancers though and it was pretty cool. Before hand we walked around a bunch and took some pictures outside the theater....here are the pictures
while we were walking around we found this little place we've never seen before and there were these guys on uni-cycles and some guy doing magic....it's was amusing
hahahaha I liked this restaurant's name we didn't actually eat there I think it was closed.
at this one place there is like shrubbery all over the place and there was a random head in one of the shrubbery pots....
I liked him a lot....
This guy was playing really awesome Chinese music unfortunately he had to pack up because it started to rain....typical London!!
heres the other guy who was on a uni-cycle....that's skill

Melissa trying to look thuggish outside the theater...
and next to the sign outside the theater
me....
and this is what that sign says we thought it was funny.....If you still can't read it you should click on the picture and open it up bigger....If you still can't read it....your blind.....and you can just ask me if you really want to know...lol...by the way trainers are shoes...in case you aren't up on the lingo....
me by the same sign...



okay so that's it...It was a really good show. though we are finding out that you can get tickets cheap in London because they built there theater's so badly that if you sit anywhere but the first two levels you have an obstructed view of the stage....oh well it was still cool....well thats probably it until we head out on our trip because we are about to throw ourselves in our final papers and a few tests......but who knows....

No comments: