Saturday, May 31, 2008

Africa Day!!...Total Heaven for me ;)

Hello again, so A while ago Melissa and I went to Africa day...mostly because it was free...but also because we LOVE festivals!!!! Anyway it was rainy like always in London but it was still awesome all the places in Africa were pretty much represented and they has music going on and it was great....anyway check out the pictures
like I said it was raining...I am surprised how resilient my camera is

this guys were really good they were playing when we got there and right away Melissa and I were dancing along which was embarrising for me because I was surrounded by black people who actually knew how to dance...
see dancing...
they also had this big screen where they showed what was going on the stage for those of us that were way far back...though we weren't really all that far to be honest lol...
Melissa trying out her dance moves....scroll down quickly so you can imagine it in a sequence









AFRICA DAY!!!
next act sang in...an african language to be honest I can't remember where in Africa they were exactly from but they were pretty good.
she also played this cool instrument you can kind of see...her fingers were like crazy on that thing....it was nuts...
me dancing....se embarrassing... have no skill

this is what the stage looked like..
and these are the hosts....they kept saying things like "man I can't believe all you guys are here in the rain" and "if we didn't have to be we wouldn't" it was kind of funny
These guys were the BEST....they had such feel good music...when they introduced them they said they explode happiness from the stage and it's true you couldn't help dancing and feeling good while they played....and this guy in the picture ou can't tell but he has an Obama (I think I spelled that wrong) shirt on and that was pretty funny too.



I got some weird looking pictures of the screen but I thought they were cool so I posted them.
OMG these two guys were dressed like this walking around doing all these crazy dances...they were hysterical....
HAHAHA
and these five random guys just hoined hands and started dancing in a circle....crazy British people
awesome trumpet player hit notes I didn't know were possible on a trumpet...
oh my gosh and then one of those guys just walked up to this very short (so short we thought it was like a 12 year old) woman and started dancing with her.
and then the other guy came around too....they were crazy

after that act these acrobats came on and they did some crazy stuff it was really hard to get pictures of though so I mostly just got the screen.
crazy!!
this is nuts and then....
he lets go and HE IS BALANCING ON HIS HEAD!!!! you can't really see it but OMG I actually was so scared he was going to fall..
they were pretty crazy
and cute ;)
then this guy who must be really popular came on because when he came out the crowd grew from huge to enormous..

and they taught this crazy dance that I can't remember now...Melissa do you remember what it was?
this is them doing the dance though...it sort of loses it's effect in the pictures...
Africa Day....but Melissa you are from the Caribbean!!
I wish I was African...then I could dance and be ridiculously good looking....lol


anyway that was Africa day...I have another blog to post but I am going to pack a little before I post it....CHEERS!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok so thank you for showing me how to post a comment. sometimes i wonder how someone so smart can be friends with me.

i just wanted to say that Africa Day #2 best day ever

MSND yesterday was #1 best day ever.