Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hey look Spain followed us to London

Hello everyone so I know I said that I would put more of those videos up but I have been studying and going to all the free events there are in London lol...anyway Melissa and I noticed these signs for this event called a taste of Spain and so we decided to check it out. London had decided it wanted to break the Guinness world record of the largest sevillanas dance...and so this is what they set out to do. A lot of stores along the street were having sales and they had music and lots of people were dancing obviously....so check it out...when we first got there they were playing music to warm some of the dancers up and to warm the crowd up

some people knew how to do the dance and were doing it farther away from the crowds.


This guy was like way intense!

So then after a while they started to assemble in a big sectioned off place where they did a little more organized practicing...they also had this bus parked out into the street for the news people.
hahaha these may look like women but trust me they are NOT women!! lol
So mostly these pictures are of them practicing...
look at this pregnant lady she was the cutest dancer ever...
some people were dressed up in authentic outfits while some people just knew the dance...I think they all registered before hand to be there.
This is the stage they had set up in the middle...eventually after all the practicing they started the organized dancing...the crowd was enormous and Melissa and I were thirsty so we went into a store to get a drink and missed whether or not they actually made the record.
Melissa tried to get a few pictures though of the organized dance.
and then she got some pictures from the window of the place we went into.
so you can see in the sort of bottom of this picture one of those guys that are dressed up like girls from earlier...they were pretty funny.


So after we came out I guess maybe they did make the record because they were handing out t-shirts...technically they were handing out t-shirts to the dancers but Melissa managed to get one....lol...she's so crafty. We also both got balloons.
technically we only had one and Melissa gave it to me because she is never going to actually wear it...she cares too much about appearance and I care too little lol...
after the crowds started to disperse they started playing music again and Melissa thought she would give the dance a try....while being followed by her balloon...

her trying to mimic the hand movements.
see Melissa looks just like this girl right?


anyway that is all for now I have another post to put up but I am going to get some studying done first.....hopefully...

No comments: