Thursday, May 1, 2008

Frodo don't wear the ring...the magical bling bling

Hello...so we are back in London and one of the first things we got to do since being back is go see The Lord of the Rings the musical...it was one of the most amazing spectacles I have ever witnessed however they butchered the book so much that I am pretty sure Tolkien was rolling over in his grave at it. However I love everything Lord of the Rings related and if you forget the books, and movie and allow your self to be sucked into what they present on the stage it becomes very awesome. I loved Galadrial she was absolutely beautiful and had such a pretty voice. However they made pippin too stupid and Gandalf too dramatic. Other than that it was excellent. Anyway pictures first and then I will talk more about it....
In the play she totally reminded me of my friend Kat...
man the Orcs were awesome. They were acrobats they had these stilts with springs and we doing flips and things. It was amazing what some of the cast members could do...
the Ents were also very cool.


I seriously don't even think I can explain to you how amazing it was. When they did the scene with the Balrog they covered the whole theater in fog and shot out all this black paper confetti covering everything in the theater. As we had front row seats it was nice to actually be able to participate in some of the fun. At one point the Orcs came down into the rows and it was really funny because you don't know what is going on and all of a sudden they start popping out at people in the rows and people would like scream...one came up behind Melissa and I and sniffed her hair...like me they must love the smell of black people products lol. More than once we were covered by the fog machines and the mechanics of the stage were amazing. I am still amazed at how they were able to do some of the things they did (like making hobbits disappear) After the play the had a Q & A with one of the extras and the guy who played Elrond. It was nice and they mentioned that they used a magician to do some of the tricks. One of the people asked how they made Bilbo disappear and they guy was like....he put on the ring...it's magic you know. anyway it was good fun and we enjoyed it. wow I talked a lot in this post.

No comments: