Sunday, November 16, 2008

Camping in October.....

Hello again...I realize it's only very occasionally that I put picture up on both my blog and on facebook so if any of you have seen these already I'm sorry....but I figured just in case someone is reading this and they don't have or never go on facebook then I didn't want them to miss out on a single moment in my life...At least not any of the ones I have a camera for....so being VP of LEAF (Lycoming Environmental Awareness Foundation) I got to plan, stress over and participate in the annual LEAF camping trip good times... As we were setting up the tents there was one that was really small....
Melissa's out....and here comes Ashley
Here's Rebekah.....
And ETHAN!!! you should be ashamed of yourself lol....man seriously that tent is tiny....
Here the more experienced campers help the less experienced set up tents lol....though it looks a little more like the blind leading the blind....it was really dark out lol...
How many LEAFers does it take to stake down a tent...the world may never know.
Eric and Jordan set up there tent far far away from everyone else.
then we gathered around the campfire to sing our campfire song....Our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G song and if you don't think that we could sing it faster than your wrong but it'll help if you just sing along......thank you spongebob I couldn't have said it better myself.
haha Jake, Sam and Rosalyn...it's like they planned that line...
ahh a ninja.....Eric the ninja!!!
where'd he go...tricky ninja.....
...AHHHH!!!!
Ethan...only you can prevent forrest fires....
man you guys look a little cold....maybe it's cause it's October....

what are ya looking at.....
Man Jordan is always doing manual labor....
hey look were gathering again....I guess I won't sing this time...
run away Elisha run away!!!
haha it looks like the smoke picked some people it didn't want in the picture....Eric why are you making that face??
Melissa wants you to believe she said something funny here but really she paid all these people a dollar to look like they're laughing at something she said.....
intense marshmallow roasting.
wow that is attractive I think that's how all s'mores should be eaten...
Eric you are not even paying attention to what you are doing!!
ahh...blast it all that ninja is back again...and he's lost his hat!
Why so glum Allison?
that poor unsuspecting person in the tent is about to get murdered by a ninja....
what are you doing Jake?
So we made it through one night of rain and spent pretty much the whole day making breakfast for all 19 people.....
Jordan....we make him cook everything....but don't let him fool you he likes it....
plus he makes everyone else slave away too.
um some people went on a hike....at which point it began to downpour.....so they had tons of fun...here are some pictures before it started to downpour...

that just doesn't look safe...
haha a mushroom walks into a bar and the bartender says we don't serve your kind here get out! and the mushroom says why not...I'm a fungi!!! hahaha...sorry....
As I said it was pouring down buckets which eventually made it impossible to light a fire....so we were trying to figure out what we were going to do for dinner when we realized...it was also thundering and lightening....great! when people returned from hiking to find that all but two of the tents were completely flooded we had had enough we packed up and headed back to school....so we invited everyone over to make dinner in out apartment...and so here we are all nice and dry...
we forced the guys in the kitchen to make the food while all the girls hung out in the living room...
Man jordan you are a creeper!
eric makes the weirdest faces.
Melissa put on Tekken.
Stop being such a baby Jordan and get back to work!
man slackers look at Ethan back there doing all the work!
Wake up Eric....
man I can see this going horribly wrong...

Some other people worked on my puzzle they almost finished it.
needless to say we had dinner and spent a warm evening free from rain and all went to sleep in our own beds....still it was pretty fun except for this I burnt my finger while we were cooking breakfast....it was pretty bad....but I survived....

1 comment:

Grazel & Grayson said...

leave it to you to get hurt. Hows the finger?