This is from the train we took (under the ocean!!!!!) to France from London this is actually France (the pictures are a little backwards I believe)
everywhere I looked there were these little towns and everyone no matter how small had a little church with a huge steeple..it was very pretty.
more of France
I think this is England...
on our way to our hostel we saw this cemetary under a bridge. there we'll be many more pictures of it later because we decided to walk around it because it was so beautiful, but take notice of the cat sitting next to the tomb...they were everywhere.
this is the view from the front of our hostel and yes Melissa and I walked up all those steps!!! only once though lol
this is our hostel it was really excellent.
our room! We shared the room with various other travelers and we met a lot of nice people. It was really cool because they gave us maps and advice and we really saw a lot of Paris because of these people. We really liked this place especially the croissants and baguettes they served every morning for breakfast!!
this is more scenery from the train I told you the got a little messed up.
Melissa at her new pad....or maybe it's the Louvre!!
this pretty arch outside the Louvre it looks like the columns have blood on them but I'm pretty sure it's just paint.
Melissa near the inside pyramid....she's embarrassed because of the next picture...
she was being the pyramid...and got embarrassed because there were a lot of people around.
the cow in the stair well of our hostel...I think Melissa named her Bessie (not really the most creative name for a cow).
PAVILLON COLBERT!!!!! Colbert for President lol...
Melissa stepping off the fountains outside the Louvre's entrance.
and on the other side of the pyramid...she looks like she's trapped....actually when you look down you can see people inside the building and some guy thought she was waving to him and waved back.
on one of our tours we learned that this means the person riding the horse died in battle.
The Louvre!!!!
Some paintings in the Louvre that we liked!!
Melissa thinks the women in the bottom right corner is the first t-shirt seller....weird!!
I really like this one (to be honest we didn't really pay attention to who did these paintings...we are so not good at art lol).
me at the Louvre entrance....it was actually nice because we learned that if you go after 6pm on Friday under 26 year olds get in Free so that's exactly what we did!!!
the Venus de Milo...it was very pretty!!
Napoleon
Joan of Arc...Melissa really likes this painting.
the ceilings of the Louvre are beautiful!!!!
this was my favorite painting we saw...really should have written down the artist...
THE MONA LISA!!!!!
the Jewels of the royal family...
I liked this cup thing it's a horse mermaid a mer-horse, or a horse-maid....
more Louvre ceilings Melissa was in love with the ceilings..
another really nice picture...
Melissa thinks this looks like Stuart (a lyco person)...Allison any comments???so that was our first day in Paris there is a lot more to go and since we have such good internet here I may try to post a few more posts....Au Revoir!!

No comments:
Post a Comment