Tuesday, April 29, 2008

nothing like slurping down gelatos in Florence

Hello everyone did you miss me? Now that I am back to London in a place with internet I will catch you up on the rest of our travels that you missed. After we left Rome we spent a few nights in Florence. It rained a lot and both Melissa and I weren't feeling all that great so we didn't get to see everything we originally had wanted to but we saw some cool stuff and we ate some delicious gelatos....so here are some pictures.
we stayed at this campsite called camping michelangelo. It was pretty freezing but it wasn't bad. It was right next to the piazzle michelangelo which has a beautiful view of the city so we had a nice view, but this is the...tent? we stayed in.
and the inside while Melissa starts unpacking stuff and rearranging stuff....
this crazy statue I saw that guy is like holding another dead guy and pointing his weapon really menacingly....I thought it was a pretty intense statue.
some pictures of the view.

you can't really see but there is a little white bird in the water. every time we crossed this bridge there would be one bird at one end and one bird at another sitting in the water...it was kind of funny.
the Duomo.




here is a picture of the hill we had to go up and down to get to the city center from the campsite.
and the 164 steps we climbed....every day...twice a day...



but this is what you see when you get to the top so it was worth it...
fake David statue.



and the road that led to the campsite.

Florence was really beautiful and had such good food! next however we travel to Venice...hopefully my computer will cooperate long enough to get those pictures up as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you finally put up your blog....I HELP PICK THOSE PICTURES WOOT WOOT. so ummm your on your bed and im on the computer and your reading A midsummers night dream...just thought i let you know..
I CAN SEE YOU!!!!
LIKE GOD..
OR SANTA???
is Santa God?

Denise said...

your crazy!!