okay this was put next to the house where this author who wrote a famous story about a man who could walk through walls...I wish I could remember the name of the author or even the story but I can't lol....if someone else does please tell me because I had wanted to look it up.
a view from a hill as we head to the top of Paris!!
if you can't see the sign it says Vincent Van Gogh lived here...someone actually now lives in his apartment...
and this is the building she said he lived on the third floor...
a shark!!!!
the Sucre le coure...I totally spelled that wrong.
here's a better picture of the Sucre le Coure...it is a beautiful church that was built because the government said God told them to build it so that God would forgive the rebels or something like that...man our tour guide told these stories so much better lol..
a coffee shop/burlesque house where Picasso went while he was a starving artist it was one of the only places that took one painting a month in exchange for food...and when the owner retired he had a hefty stack of Picasso painting so I think he was amply repaid lol...
this place is called the Savage Garden and it's where the band Savage Garden got their name from...and I thought that was cool!!! it's also a vineyard...
This is a bust of Dalida apparently a very famous singer in France...well was because she's dead, but her brother made this and the people who live catty-corner to this often open their windows and sing her songs really loud because they love her music.
the Eiffel tower from the top of Paris
Paris...
and more Paris...
the Sucre Le Coure up close
I love you is written on this wall in every language...it's apparently a very good spot to propose lol...
Space invaders...these are all over Paris...and in other cities as well...
Picasso is on this list of names of Artists who produced art in.....
this building....a funny story was that Picasso and this other artist (who I can't remember) had paintings all set up in here and they brought this art critic to come look and he wrote this piece about how these were the up and coming artists and how great they were and this thief read it and while Picasso and this guy were out he broke in and stole a bunch of the paintings...and someone ran into the bar and was like someone broke into Le Bateau and Picasso and this guy run back and find a bunch of paintings missing, Picasso gets really angry but not because they were stolen from but because the thief didn't take any of his paintings....
A mime!!!!
The Moulin Rouge!!!!
and a better view of the Moulin Rouge...
our tour guide...she was very funny....
a lot of steps to get up to the top of paris.
More space invadersOkay that was our tour of Montmarte...I wish I could have remembered all the stories she told us word for word..I wish I had paper to write them down...ah well...if you ever go to Paris take the free walking tours...

No comments:
Post a Comment